Holiday survival tips with Dr. Goggin
Jakey begged me to play outside with him today, I lasted 5 minutes. I can’t stand the cold and he can’t stand being inside so we compromised and made our own playdough today.
This is so easy to make, safe for the kids to touch and get all over the table/floor/clothes and lasts for a few weeks.
1 cups flour
1 cups colored water
1/2 cup salt
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
4 drops essential oils
- Combine all ingredients, except for essential oils, in a large saucepan and stir until combined.
- Once combined, put over low heat. Using a spatula, continue to stir ingredients together until it forms a ball and is not sticky.Use low heat to prevent the dough from drying out.
- Remove from heat and cool on a plate or wax paper.
- Once cooled add essential oils of your choice.
- Store in an air tight container.
See our video at: our facebook page!
Original credit to: https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/diy-aromatherapy-playdough
- Once cool, add five drops of your favorite essential oil and knead until thoroughly combined.
- You’re done! Just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for months of fun.
#holidaysurvival #diy #playdough #essentialoils